Friday 16 April 2010

No Looking Back!

As promised I'm back and on time with my weekly log of events on the road to successfully gaining employment as a west end singer.
I enjoyed the rest I had during the spring break and am now feeling refreshed and ready to go as I look forward to the last 9 weeks of college which is not to be taken lightly. During the holidays I managed to organise a lot of the research I have been doing for different modules and am now in a position to go on and complete the main body of the work required. I also managed to overhaul my PC system at home and with hardware and software upgrades I now have more efficient and relevant tools to work with. I also had the pleasure of performing live at a couple of acoustic nights in Dundee city centre, which I felt went better than previous performances which was mainly due to the changes I made to my practice schedule to ensure I do enough rehearsals before performing live.
My first day back at college started with the first practice of our new band and we have all decided to choose the Monterey Pop Festival 1967 as our basis of reference for completing this final musicianship assignment. We have already picked out some sings to cover and despite being 2 men down we played on and managed to work roughly over 3 of the songs.
In first study I started looking over a few new songs as I look to perfect a set of 6 songs from which I will be assessed on 4 of them. I had already been working on 3 and feel quite comfortable with them so I can now focus on working on the other 3 songs I need.
I finished off this college day with composition class and after hearing a presentation on writing for guitar I have some new ideas for my composition which is almost half complete. I am due to give a presentation myself on aspects of composing for voice which shouldn't be too difficult given all the research I have been doing lately.
After college I had Rocky rehearsals and have been quite pleased with my commitment to this project which will help me prove my flexibility and loyalty within my personal portfolio. We started to run through Act 2 which gives me more dialogue and performing in comparison to Act 1. I felt the rehearsal went quite well and I see a lot of potential in this production and hope that everyone works hard to ensure we all enjoy the experience and deliver an enjoyable experience for the audience. The date of the show has been set and we are unleashed on the public on the 18th May 2010 in Perth.
The next day of college started out with our graded unit class where we discussed the development of the later stages of our portfolio and presentation and also picked names out of a bag to decide upon the schedule of interviews. Guess who's name came out first? That's right "Daniel". 13th May 2010 @ 9 am! Never mind I will remain professional and deal with the situation. I am confident in the work I have already done and have mainly been organising the layout and order of my portfolio and presentation.
Next up was music history and another deadline! This time for the final essay based on Adorno which is due for submission on the 21st May 2010. I have already started this assignment and feel confident I will be ready for submission with time to spare.
In session skills I didn't have much to do as we were beginning a new session and vocals tend to be left until last. I did hang around to learn more about the different processes for each instrument and performer and learnt quite a lot which will help me develop in my home studio.
Finally in DAW/ICT I started and almost finished the design of my own website due to doubling up these classes this week. I came into college early Friday morning and joined another class to learn more about this topic that I have fell behind in. I design my own websites at home however the process for college assignment is considerably different so I had to put in some extra work to manage the adjustments.
I struggle on in Articulation class and although I enjoy and understand the study and analysis of the music we have been listening to I seem to have a little fear about my own assignment. I hope to overcome this with a little tutor assistance in the coming weeks.
A little big blog for you all this week since we've been apart for so long. I will return to my weekly time slot from now til the end of the academic year, so until next Friday, ciao! Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment