Friday 25 December 2009

Someone Said It Is Christ-mass.

Merry Christmas to all. Yes you too!
No college this week as we start the festivities however there is no rest for the wicked and I am about as evil as it gets.
I managed to use the start of this week to look over all my course work so far and remind myself of the tasks that lie ahead as I develop myself in the mould of a west end singer.
My confidence is growing all the time in this area and from the beginning of the graded unit until now I have managed to rest all the negative thoughts of lacking experience and possibly not being good enough.
The research I have been carrying out has been a big help as the variety of roles and tasks within each west end production are many and I feel that with the right commitment I can go forward and gain the experience I may need to prove myself. I am now moving on to research my 4th show, Chicago, which I have had some singing experience of from the vocal showcase I participated in throughout 2008/09. I have found it difficult however to break away from the mainstream stereotypes associated with each musical, whether it be film or television adaptations, and see this as a potential weakness that I must sort.
This week saw the last gathering of the year for Fuzzy Buck, my band, and we managed to master more recording techniques within my home studio. I feel that our experiences together are contributing towards a healthy band relationship and also reflecting in the music we are producing.
I leave it there for this week since you are all busy holidaying etc.
Until next time, I am you know who.

No comments:

Post a Comment