Friday 1 January 2010

A New Decade, A New Hope.

Happy New Year to all and all the best for 2010.
I anticipate a great year ahead for myself both academically and personally. I have spent many weeks now planning the future for my personal projects and am also looking forward to returning to college and completing semester 1 and starting the next.
I continue with my west end show research and am now in the second week of researching Chicago. I find that this musical itself is a lot more contemporary and accessible by the general public due to the upbeat and familiar sounds throughout. Again I see great variances in costume and production compared to the previous shows I have researched and am beginning to notice that a lot of the aspects I am looking at vary greatly depending on story and concept. I have found however a general likeness in lead character within each production. The lead character in each show seems to offer a similar shape to each show and when you understand how each story fits round the main character then I find that I can better understand the role. I believe that when I look back on this year, this research will provide a great foundation to enable me to develop myself as a west end singer.
I have had a week off from solo and band production as everyone seems to be busy so I have spent my time reflecting upon my achievements so far. Since joining Oxfam in early 2008 I have went on to involve myself in many musical projects as well as managing my study time and keep myself financially afloat in this hectic world. I think that you need to do this from time to time to help motivate yourself and confirm the alignment of the direction you are hoping to head in, overall I am quite pleased but do realise that the hardest work is yet to come.
I will sign off here and wish you all the best for 2010, let us hope that it doesn't all end in 2012.
Daniel.

No comments:

Post a Comment