Friday 19 February 2010

Mock Interview Week (Weak?)

Quite a busy week this week with regards to my development, and I now feel that I am going forward in the direction I need in order to effectively prove myself worthy of a lead role or understudy part in any musical.
My performance on Sunday went well although my guitar playing was not at it's usual standard despite my recent daily practice. I have noticed that as I try to learn new instruments and musical techniques I am neglecting the abilities I already have and must sort this by maintaining a good level of practice across all the musical activities I may participate in. All this aside I was invited back to play again on the 14th March 2010.
No band practice this week as I had to attend an emergency dentist appointment, however the other members were kind enough to re-arrange and I must remember to show the same kindness myself. We only have 4 weeks left until performance night so we must maintain a good level of practice as we also have a new member to integrate and get up to our level of comprehension.
I did manage to have a vocal lesson later on in the day which went well and I feel that I have a good grasp of what is required across the 3 songs I am currently working on. I am enjoying performing Mi Mancherai as it gives me the opportunity sing in Italian and showcase my bi-lingual abilities, (tri-lingual if you include music!).
Our graded unit class this week saw us all go through a mock interview for our chosen positions and each student was graded and given feedback by the rest of the class. This was a very helpful exercise for me and I felt that although I never researched the mock role as much as I should of I still managed to portray myself and abilities well in the interview itself. The feedback I received from the other students was very positive and I am thinking about including some of their comments in my presentation or portfolio when I am interviewed for the role of a lead or understudy in a west end show.
Session skills was frustrating again and again I managed to motivate myself despite the boredom I was experiencing. I have always had a calm feeling when I am in the control room of a studio and like to use this time to monitor the ongoing tasks and adjustments made to improve the quality of the recording. This type of experience has helped me with my personal projects and also in collating evidence to include in my portfolio.
Nothing happening this week with Fuzzy Buck or daniel dundee but I do believe that the weeks rest has been well deserved and hopefully we will get together next week feeling the benefits from our time off.
Again I must return to the workload, until next week.
I am Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment