Friday 12 February 2010

Pulling My Finger Out!

It's quite a strange week for me, mood wise!
I have been very de-motivated in certain areas and have found it difficult finding out why.
This is a strange feeling for me as I am usually very positive and enjoy problem solving, so I am very rarely affected by things of a negative nature. Just thought I would share some inner thoughts and already feel better for doing so.
Big news this week is that Fuzzy Buck eventually had a live practice with all members present and it was evident that our recent hard work was not in vain. Our drummer Mark did very well to work over 4 of our own songs and help create an improved groove and rhythm for each one. Our bassist has also been very helpful in the creative department and has also been contributing towards the material recorded by daniel dundee. This constant improvement has been ongoing since we formed and is has kept me highly motivated towards investing time and money in the band and my own record label.
My vocal lessons have been continuing strong and I have managed to perform the majority of the 2 songs I am performing without too much difficulty. My tutor has been very helpful with my development towards applying to be a west end singer and has offered a lot of information and guidance towards doing so. The vocal students are to perform in a vocal showcase in Perth Concert Hall and hopefully I can use this as further evidence of my improving abilities. I have also started on a new song, "Pilate's Dream" from the musical Jesus Christ Superstar, which has been a nice change from all the other musicals I have been researching. This week sees the end of my West End show research and I now have to collate and manage the evidence I have found to include in my graded unit portfolio as proof of my progression and understanding of musical theatre. On top of this I am also planning to visit Fiona McKenzie at Centre Stage and hopefully see their production of Beauty & The Beast from which I know I will take much from with regards to my development within musical theatre.
Our college band managed to practice this week and we have begun work on our original composition as well as finding out that our gig will be at Pivo Pivo in Glasgow on the 17th of March. We are all confident that we can deliver in time but have agreed to plan extra practice to ensure that our performance will be highly appreciated alongside our showmanship in the Glam Rock genre.
Music history has been both interesting and extremely dull at random times, no thanks to my lack of focus at times. I have picked up a lot from reading Fabbri and Adorno however I see so much variance in the history that has came before me that I disagree with a lot of what is being said. As negative as this may sound it makes for healthy debate and discussion which I have always found to be important in the development and evolution of any subject.
I have a performance in a small venue in Dundee this weekend which gives me the opportunity to brush up on my guitar abilities and also improve my stagecraft. I am hoping to use these external performances as evidence in my portfolio but know I will need to practice daily between now and then to ensure I deliver an interesting and enjoyable performance.
Tune in next Friday to find out if I broke a leg or not!
Ciao, Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment