Friday 26 February 2010

Absence Makes The Mind Grow Weaker.

Not a great deal of college activity for me this week due to different absences, all through different circumstances, however I have managed to get quite a lot of research and study done at home which has kept me up to date with the various assignments I have. I must make more effort to attend college regularly despite various obstacles, like the lovely weather we have had of late.
I have been more aware of my time management recently and have realised that I am wasting a lot of time sitting around at college when I could be making better use of the facilities on hand and lighten the workload for when I am at home. I think that time management and being diverse are 2 important attributes for a lead in any musical theatre show and I am glad that I have become more aware of this and will now work to improve these skills and provide evidence of my development in my portfolio.
On the development of my own business, I have registered with PRS and PPL as a performer and as a record label. I have also started laying out the foundations of a business plan that incorporates a 3 arm divisional company, each one dealing with different legal and financial aspects of copyright and licensing. Within these plans daniel dundee, Fuzzy Buck and now my brother's solo act AF Truman will all be managed and promoted whilst looking for other writers and performers to boost our repertoire and catalogue.
As I mentioned above my absence has been the biggest concern, however I have managed my time at home better to manage the workload I have across the different modules I am studying. I have worked myself back on an even par and know that I must improve my attendance and motivate myself better to finish off the year on a high.
I am quite pleased with the progress I am making with my portfolio due to the level of quality evidence that I now have available. I am hoping to push on now and complete the few final steps of my action plan to ensure that I can present my abilities in the most effective manner and successfully be employed as a west end singer.
No band practice this week again although all the members have been practising more in their own time to make sure that the level of quality performance is not affected. We are aware that there are only 3 weeks left until the gig itself and have all put in place a rehearsal schedule that will give us plenty time. Our new member Craig has been assigned 2 tracks to drum on and will spend the rest of the time on percussion and dancing.
My vocal lesson has been going well and I was fortunate enough to get a double lesson due to the absence of others. I felt by the end of the lesson that my voice was growing tired which prompted my tutor to advise me on training techniques that will help strengthen my larynx and lessen the chance of fatigue.
Music history has continued towards the detail of the 2 essays we must submit and pass to compete the module. Our first essay is based on the theory of musical genres, as described by Italian musicologist Franco Fabbri, and involves choosing a genre of music to discuss the conceptualisation of. I have decided to cover the genre Rock and have gathered a number of books from the library to assist me with my work. My current research of the musical We Will Rock You may also provide some inspiration as the research period of this is similar to the deadline I have for this essay.
Enough talking already, there's work to be done!
Bye for now, Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment