Friday 12 March 2010

The Details Of The Detail

As promised, here follows the more specific details of my busy week as I close in on the final stages of my HND year and also draw nearer to the many different types of performances I am involved in between now and the end of May 2010.
In my first study class I am currently preparing 3 songs for assessment and also looking towards a practice schedule for the vocal showcase planned for the end of May. There may also be the opportunity to enter the "Burn's Song" competition which will allow me to gain experience at performing under pressure. I have felt a hindrance in this subject due to the demands placed on me from the Glam Band and found it difficult to maintain a clear tone before I commence my lesson due to the harsh style of vocals in the song we are performing. My vocal tutor has given me some more exercises to strengthen my larynx and hopefully improve my stamina during performance.
Next week brings the gig at Pivo Pivo in Glasgow, which I am really looking forward too, and after another pleasing practice session I now have the confidence to perform with the band and not over study the songs, leaving me room to perform on the night. Good luck Pink Panther! That's the band name.
I am also continuing with my cartoon composition with my group and also my individual composition for final year assessment and hope to deliver on both fronts and showcase my talent for creativity and stagecraft.
Another week of Rocky rehearsals and things are shaping up as we begin a more balanced practice routine across the acting and singing within the show. I am learning a lot from each session, especially the difficulty for one person to co-ordinate 20 other people with regards to their own creative vision. The directors are quite disciplined and I feel this is helping to maintain order within the cast at these vital stages.
In Music History we are all busy stressing over the first essay assignment on Fabbri's theory of genre, which seems to have stirred up a great deal of hate for the poor Italian. I personally enjoyed researching his work and see a lot of potential discussions with regards to each of his genre rules. I have also took the time to understand and appreciate the views of Adorno despite his obvious attempt to define his Marxist views. Next week brings the deadline for this essay and I am confident that I have done enough research to go forward and produce a compelling discussion.
Graded unit this week allowed us all some time to discuss our portfolio with our tutor on a one-to-one basis and pick up on any potential mistakes we may be making. Although I am confident in my own abilities to promote and present myself I find these mentoring sessions helpful in ensuring that I am on the right path.
Session skills hasn't brought me many challenges lately, however there has been a lot of backing tracks laid down by different bands and I am now to get the opportunity to sing over my own bands tracks and tracks from other bands. This will give me a good amount of evidence to include in my portfolio as I look to prove my worth as a potential west end singer.
DAW has been uneventful also as the work we are doing is an area that I have been working on in my personal projects. I am learning a lot at home regarding recording and producing MIDI and audio as well as mastering the final mix of multi-tracks. I have also bought all my own web domains to promote myself and my record label and have also secured web hosting facilities to display my web designs and profile. I will not become complacent however and will continue to work well with the work I am required to do for this module.
Overall a busy week again and next week looks to be busier as we have our gig in Glasgow and also deadline day for the Fabbri essay. I am confident I have done enough work to complete these tasks with some ease and look forward to letting you all know about the outcome of each event.
Until then, love til you bleed.
Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment