Friday 5 March 2010

Busy Times Ahead!

I have been very busy this week with various tasks across my personal, professional and academic life. I find that I now have a lot more musical activities going on in my weekly routine which I feel is a blessing in comparison to previous routines I have been in.
On Mondays and Tuesdays I am practising with Fuzzy Buck and daniel dundee as well as doing production work on the recordings for these 2 acts and also the solo act AF Truman. Across these 2 days I am managing to practise across piano, guitar and bass as well as developing my vocal technique.
Wednesday brings a busy day from morning til night as I work my way through college band practice, my vocal lesson and then finally composition class in the afternoon. My evenings are now committed to Rocky: The Musical with a routine of both acting and vocal practise across 3 or more hours as we prepare for showtime in May.
Thursday sees me working through 4 back to back classes in Graded Unit, Music History, Session Skills and Digital Audio Workstation/Information Communication Technology for Music Industry Promotion. This is probably the most academically intense day of the week for me, however I find the time constraints a benefit in my development at college and am aware that these type of transferable skills need improving as much as my musical abilities.
On Friday I only have one class, from 2pm til 3.30pm, however I have been going into college at 9am and making use of the computers and pianos to assist me with the progress of my essays, assignments, portfolio, presentation and vocal lessons. The articulation class from 2pm is one of the most challenging nodules of semester 2 and requires a pass for access to the degree course. I feel this is the class I must work hardest in as I have less comprehension in this subject.
Finally across Saturday and Sunday I have time to tie up any lose ends from the preceding week and also take some valuable relaxation time which energises me for the week to come. This busy schedule looks to continue weekly until the end of my college year as I also try to complete the final steps of my action plan to develop myself as a west end singer.
Next week I will get back to the details of the detail above and let you all know how it's all going.
Until then take care and love.
Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment