Monday 5 October 2009

The Pre Holiday, Pre Plan Plan.

What week are we in? Just kidding, I've got it under control.
This week has been more steady at college and I feel I have a better grasp of the subjects I am studying.
Band practice went well this week and we have added "Back In The USSR" into our repertoire as well as our much loved own interpretation of Like Dreamer's Do.
For research and analysis I think I am going to research the beginning of Apple Corps., The Beatles trading company which started shortly after the death of Brian Epstein. I think this topic will provide me with some interesting angles of research.
I have been bogged down with a nasty cold and swollen glands so have spent the past few days catching up on essays and assignments as opposed to practising. Although I've not enjoyed this at all it has helped me to realise that I need to be more motivated with regards to less practical assignments and deadlines.
At home my studio is set up well with all the favourites and leaves me with no excuses for a more productive year of recording. Got my M-Audio MIDI keyboard so I can sack the orchestra now.
With all my essays and assignments done for the week I have plenty of time to consider the planning of my graded unit. I will need to start a research and review routine to ensure that I am developing myself with the attributes needed to gain employment as a West End singer in mind. I have decided to watch and research at least one musical/west end show every 4 weeks and look into the different roles portrayed and especially how they differ across live and pre-recorded performances. My favourite has always been "Les Miserables" so I think I'll start with that. This will help me build my portfolio and improve the quality of my presentation.
Overall a more focused week which I feel will be an important one when I look back on the year and the decisions I made and also how they progressed, but not if I don't top it off with some music theory revision.
Until next week, I'm still Daniel.

No comments:

Post a Comment