Monday 26 October 2009

Repeat Petition

Like it states in the title, it was back to college last week and all in all it wasn't to bad. Felt like I was going back to the treadmill but when I got there it wasn't so. Lesson of the moment, don't always trust your current mood!
On Wednesday our band made a bit of progress with another 2 Beatles songs giving us 4 songs of decent standard to add dynamics too. I also had my first vocal lesson with new tutor Michael, who seems highly motivated and also has experience working on the West End so I hope this well help me to progress forward with my first study and also the work I am doing for my graded unit.
In research class we had another go of our rendition of "Ticket Tor Ride" and even though initially no one in the band could remember what we had done previous, it all came back quickly and we've got it set in stone now, but keeping in mind that stones can be crushed!
The first joy of Thursday was my half price return train ticket which set my day off on a plus. I had done some good work for the Graded Unit so didn't have to much to do although it gave me time to develop my ideas further and discuss them with other students. Then came the Music Theory test which drained my brain! Col pa Mia! I took my time with the test and think I've done OK but felt I was losing focus and direction when writing out the dictation and also other scores. Nothing a kick up the butt can't fix.
Session skills was a joy this week as we had a full ensemble of musicians having a go at a couple of Motown classics. Was nice to hear the keys and some brass and also to have another singer backing me up.
Friday afternoon was spent watching Pingu with my niece, in which I found inspiration. If everyone in Pingu Land can understand the foul mouthed penguin then I can surely improve my sight reading skills!
Think I need to do more with my weekends! Used to be performing or going to see performances and was also able to do quite a bit of networking, however months of absence from the scene has left me rusty and out of reach. Feel I've got to make more of an effort to establish these links again and start getting my music out there for the public to digest.
Just away to e-mail my planning document for scrutiny and hope the week is as good as it can be.
Until you know when I'm you know who.

No comments:

Post a Comment