Monday 2 November 2009

The Week In Review: Part I

I have decided to split my weekly blog into two parts as I feel I don't have that much to log on the grand diary.
This weeks concludes the first musical I will be researching and hopefully this will give me an idea of how to start any development.
First Study progressed well and my tutor has given me some guidance on what type of material to research with regards to West End musical hits. Prior to this we had a productive band practice and have now a good grasp of 4 of the 5 songs we are to perform and also changed the remaining song from "Something" to "Blackbird", a personal favourite.
On Thursday our graded unit was a one to one with our tutor in which I picked up some valuable guidance on how to develop my planning document and will be working on this soon. Music theory has moved onto pitch related topics which I feel are more of a strength and will hopefully be proved right come test time.
In session skills we have moved on to a third Motown track and the band seem to be getting the hang of working in a session. Almost done with my Cubase project and will be sorting out the final mixing and mastering stage before it's big release!
I haven't heard back from any of the amateur musical societies I contacted but hopefully will have something to report soon.
Onwards in a new week now and another couple of days of college will bring you some more news.
Tune in this Friday for Part II of my weekly blog.
Until then Sto Zitta!

No comments:

Post a Comment