Friday 7 May 2010

Back On Track.

Another week of college has passed quickly which leaves me one less week before first study assessment, graded unit presentation & portfolio, Adorno essay, Rocky: The Musical, session skills reports, production analysis report, DAW outcomes, ICT essays, original composition submission, articulation assignment and band performance with research presentation. For anyone who maybe lost by now this is my "To Do List" for the next 3 weeks!
Although I was in a panic last week regarding all these deadlines I have managed to calm myself and gain control of the situation by creating an action plan for delivering in each area on time. I have assessed each assignment by chronological requirement as well as quantity of content and applied this logic into a time schedule that I will follow to ensure I meet all my deadlines.
With my new band I recorded some improved versions of the 5 new songs we have been composing and will now distribute them to each band member so they can use them as reference while we have a study break for the student members who are feeling the pressure of their workload just now.
I started my week at college with band rehearsal and with no drummer and no guitarist we got by on multi-tasking and working out a schedule for our set list and performance. We have only 2 opportunities to rehearse before the performance itself so we need to be punctual and ready to work hard.
My first study was cancelled due to tutor illness so I used my time to work on my graded unit portfolio and presentation. I am more confident now that I have began collating evidence for my portfolio and presentation and with my interview time being pushed back another week I have no excuses if I am not well prepared.
Rocky rehearsal was on in the evening and we have less than 2 weeks before show night and didn't really do ourselves justice with our performance. I did leave however with a better idea of how it will all run on the night and can now concentrate on my performances in the up and coming rehearsals. I have also happily agreed to come into college on my day off to take part in an extra rehearsal in aid of improving the casts performance and understanding of the show.
Thursday started at 3pm as music history was cancelled so it was straight into session skills where I helped produce the last session we were working on and also had the opportunity to record vocals on another bands track. These opportunities will give me extra evidence to provide as I look to prove my worth as a potential west end singer which will hopefully be compensation for the lack of experience I offer.
In DAW I was used as a bass player to assist the class with an outcome which requires us to record a multi-tracked live performance. We all took turns to play and record and very quickly we had completed the outcome for 7 students which shows what can be achieved with a good bit of team work.
I was not present in articulation this week due to family commitments however I have spent some time this morning working on my transcription and graphical presentation which are both now half complete and offer me no apparent issues before deadline day. I do have the troublesome task of scoring my choice of music however after completing my original composition I am back in the swing of notation.
A busy week and next week looks no different however I will find the time to update you all next Friday on the goings on and the ongoings on my wonderful journey to become a west end singer.
Until then, I'm Daniel.

No comments:

Post a Comment