Friday 14 May 2010

The Week Before The Week That Was.

The sands in my timer are falling short in quantity and it's time to dance for the people. In other words, I've got a lot to do before the grand set of assessments next week.
Firstly I start the week with Rocky: The Musical which has it's show night on Tuesday night and despite being a little nervous about this production I am confident enough in my abilities to produce an impressive performance. Rehearsals of late have been improving and I'm sure that once all these performers and musicians are placed before an audience then their level of performance will be raised significantly.
Wednesday brings a live performance from our college band "Bad Acid" in the Homespun 2010 festival where we are performing our selection of songs from the Monetery Pop Festival 1967. This weeks practice was dismal and I hope that we can all get together next Wednesday and improve our understanding of the songs.
On Thursday I have my presentation and interview for the position of West End singer with the Really Useful Group musical theatre company where I will also be presenting a portfolio which will showcase the highlights of my musical expeditions over the past 2 years. I am happy with the material I have but also feel that with more time and resources I could do a much better job than I have.
Quite a big week and this week has brought some negativity in as band practice was terrible, I almost failed my Fabbri Essay and also Rocky rehearsals didn't go to smooth. Despite feeling down for an hour or two I enforced a change of mood that has made me highly motivated for that tasks that lie ahead and as I realise I can't lose focus in these closing stages.
With regards to the music analysis class we have I am well organised with the transcription and critical analysis of my song choice which is the Elton John classic " I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues". I am now left with the tricky task of producing a graphical representation of the piece which is not too intimidating as artistic freedom is permitted.
Overall not the best week of progress I can remember however I am more than confident now that I will push on and get over the mammoth task list that next week brings.
Tune in next Friday to hear how I ended my college year with what I hope is a successful week of impressive and memorable performances.
Until then I'll be Tony as I attempt to stay in character until Rocky: The Musical is complete.
Love, Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment