Friday 28 May 2010

The Penultimate Review

This will be the first from last entry to this blog as I look to wrap up what seems to be a successful year. After a big week at college I now look to wrap up some of the smaller tasks I need to complete to finish my HND year and hopefully look forward to the final year of BA Popular Music Performance.
I have since completed my DAW work and been signed off and also took the time to help half the class with their work which gave me a comparative view as life as a tutor which seems a lot simpler than being a student, more money and less responsibility.
This week was quite empty for me as I only had composition rehearsals and also my first study lesson which is all set for next weeks assessment where I aim to show off some of the vocal talents I have been developing throughout the year and through different projects. If all else fails I will have a glowing career as an impressionist or a manager in Lidl!
Today I made the journey to Perth to submit my analysis project which consisted of a full score, a critical analysis and also a graphical representation. I had a small technology emergency this morning as my work was cleared as my computer crashed however I managed to start a new score which surpassed the criteria of the assessment although was not as impressive as my original effort. I was quite surprised how much I enjoyed creating the graphical representation and have been occupied with the thought of music in different audio and visual forms. This method of metaphorming has always been helpful to me however I did not place it in my creative works too much but now see there can be a benefit from doing so.
Only this evening I have completed my evaluation for my graded unit and also my research report on the Monterey Pop Festival 1967 which leaves me with 2 very small but important tasks to finish off the year. We have a performance of our original compositions next Friday and have been rehearsing each others songs with only 2 rehearsals left before the performance. I have also taken the time to assist other students with their lyrics and vocal melody as these are my strengths and also something I have always done with ease. The other task is simply to complete my first study assessment where I need to perform 4 of the songs I have been practising which include O Gin I Were A Barons Heir, Pilate's Dream, A World Without You and also my favourite Mi Mancherai. I am confident about this assessment as I have done well all year however I will still take caution with my voice and also rehearse enough to be in fine tune on the day.
To close I am now playing in Tonic again on June 13th 2010 and am looking forward to this as I have enjoyed the performances I have done already. It's a nice setting and a lovely host who is also very talented. I will also be looking to persuade the venue to let my new band play a small acoustic set so we can showcase some of the songs we have composed recently.
I am almost saddened by the thought that next week is my last entry to this logbook of progression and development and will miss the opportunity to channel my thoughts in this way. Life does go on however and I have many other projects I must begin, fulfil and complete as I look to spread a true message of hope and love to all those souls that came before and all those who will come again.
I will sign of on Thursday 3rd June 2010 with my final entry and thank you all for your following so far.
Until then and maybe some other time,
I am Daniel.

No comments:

Post a Comment