Friday 21 May 2010

The Week That Was

Well I managed to get through the biggest week of college so far this year and have came out smiling!
The biggest event of the week was Rocky: The Musical which went really well on the night of the show despite an abysmal practice routine in the afternoon. It was slightly understandable given that this was our first rehearsal with stage direction and props however lack of focus among the cast left the directors worried for the evening performance. I was confident that we would improve once placed in front of a crowd however I do realise that the producers and directors of any show need to have that confidence beforehand. The show went well and everyone played their part well in front of over 100 people and even though some sneaky gypsy hid Apollo Creed's boxing gloves for the final fight I did manage to get them back and on Apollo before the main fight scene at the end. Overall I am happy that this experience has helped me better understand the roles within musical shows.
The next day was sort of an anti-climax as it was the day of our band performance and with only 4 out of 6 members present in previous weeks a contingency plan was needed. This was slightly changed also as our drummer turned up on the day and managed to keep time through the songs we agreed to play. We were meant to play 7 however only managed 5 but in hindsight I should of just jammed out another 2 songs but was unsure of the band's confidence in doing so!
The day after this was the big interview for the role of a west end singer! Firstly I was there almost a half hour before my appointment which gave me time to refresh before being ready 10 minutes before the appointment. I was asked to complete my presentation which was designed to showcase my abilities and talents and then take part in a short interview for the position. I was quite happy with my performance on the day however I would have been better pleased if the conditions allowed for better display of video and audio information throughout my presentation. I did include plenty of evidence within my portfolio so hopefully this compensates for any problem with my presentation. The interview seemed to go well as I had the opportunity to discuss my passions and also turned a negative into a positive regarding my lack of experience.
Friday was simply the submission of my music history essay on the views of thoughtful and logical Theodor W. Adorno. I was shocked at my 44% grade in the Fabbri essay and did take the criticism from my tutor to improve my Adorno essay, however if I don't pass this one I will find it hard to believe that he truly read either of them!
After this mountain of a week I am now left with the tasks of an evaluation of my graded unit, a report on Monterey Pop Festival 1967, some small tasks in DAW, my final first study assessment and the performances of our original compositions. Not much!
Until next Friday, I'm me and you are all you!
Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment