Friday 15 January 2010

I Use To Love The Beatles!

Back to college after the drastic and highly dramatised weather conditions which have begun to annoy me as it has only highlighted the weaknesses I see in society everyday. I am not sure if this is part of the ageing condition but people just seem weaker in many different ways. Physically we are easily challenged even though we are meant to be evolving mammals that are adapting and improving in our environment. Mentally we are easily held back by the slightest hint of change or discomfort despite the abundance of information we are handed on a silver plate everyday. Spiritually we are slipping far from existence and will soon have little to leave behind other than the 1's and 0's we obsess over as we struggle to maintain control within order. This may sound negative, however these are only observations and I remain as positive as ever.
OK, on with the business in hand. As you can tell from the title my life has recently been plagued with an abundance of information on the popular pop/rock group The Beatles. I myself have been scheduled in next week to present my information, and although I do not think it is particularly boring, I do feel sorry for the students. I decided to do my presentation on Apple Corps Ltd and have almost assembled all the media and information I need for my PowerPoint presentation although I do think that with my knowledge of The Beatles I really should have done better, although I'll find out next week.
I received my feedback regarding my action plan for the graded unit and am so far very pleased with my own efforts and the comments received. I have found this project in particular more satisfying and believe that due to me having clear goals from the start I have put myself in a stronger position with my portfolio going into semester 2.
Another meeting with Fuzzy Buck this week as I broke the news to the guys that I had deleted all the recordings by mistake, however their response was positive and within 4 hours we had re-recorded most of our material and as such will not feel such a loss. Thank you brothers buck!
This week has been the first week of my Phantom of the Opera research and I have found this show a lot easier to study as it is not as fast moving as the others and contains less characters. Throughout my first study I have been given guidance as to the type of songs I should be attempting to develop myself as a west end singer, and in this show I have already identified a few songs that I believe I could perform to a good enough standard myself.
I will also be spending some time revising the songs chosen for my first study as I am to be assessed and filmed next week performing Lost by Michael Buble and Beyond The Sea by Bobby Darin. I am looking forward to this assessment and will revise confidently, hoping to give an impressive performance and show what I am capable of.
Next week brings an end to semester 1 where I will find out if I have passed my presentation project, band performance and first study performance, as well as sitting the final music theory assessment of the year.
I will leave you all as I have much to do to remain as me.
Love,
Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment