Friday 8 January 2010

Snow Blindness

Not a great deal happening in the whole of the U.K. this week, never mind college or my world.
I did show a committed attitude however and made my way through the snow to hopefully enjoy my first day back at college since the Christmas holidays, only to find that I was among a small minority.
I did manage to find out that I have been assigned to the Glam Rock band and again have been paired with the majority of Eat Dr. Ape who all seem highly excited regarding this project. I must admit that I am not as excited about the prospect however see this as an opportunity to prove my professionalism and loyalty by giving it as much as I can. We managed to pick out a couple of songs which gives me something to work on in the meantime.
No other classes were on this day so it was sit around and play around before the college closed at midday.
I am in the last week of my Chicago research and have found that now I am a little more experienced at researching west end shows that I should revisit the research I have completed so far and see if I can possibly improve it's content with use of this new found experience and knowledge. Next week I will be moving on to Phantom of the Opera which I see as more of a traditional musical and one that most people would identify with in terms of general knowledge.
I have also re-commenced Fuzzy Buck meetings and we have discussed our future intentions and will now be working on a single release and hopefully an EP to follow. We have been very pleased with the quality of recordings we have achieved so far and see no real reason for wasting money on local recording sessions that will not provide us with anything better than we already have.
I have also been invited to perform a half hour acoustic set as Daniel Dundee at Tonic in Dundee on February 14th, good job I'm single, which I'm looking forward to as I have not played solo in my home town for over a year. I have already planned my set list and will practice ongoing to make sure I am fully satisfied with the overall sound before bringing it to the public.
I hope to use my experiences performing as Daniel Dundee and also as the front man of Fuzzy Buck to show my ability to get into character and also to deliver a high standard of vocal performance while doing so. Both these acts demand differences within performance and mannerism and I see these as perfect examples of how I research a role and try to deliver to the best of my abilities.
College was closed Thursday as the tutors are simply not paid enough and can't afford snow tyres!
I will say bye for this week as I need to go and plan next week or I will have nothing to tell you all.
Ciao per aura,
Daniel.

No comments:

Post a Comment